LAST UPDATED: Oct 19, 2015
Your privacy is our top concern. We work hard to earn and keep your trust, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not share your contact information with another User without your consent.
- Any personally identifiable information that you provide will be secured with industry standard protocols and technology.
By clicking the “Accept” button during registration, or by using this Site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Site, we recommend that you do not use it.
Information we gather
The purpose of the Jobspeaker web site is to provide a job search management service that allows Members to find, research and access the people, companies and jobs that interested them on jobspeaker.com. Based on such information, the Service may also present information relating to third party products or services (“Jobspeaker Offers”).
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and applicable law, are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card number
- Contact information
- Billing information
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
Non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify a specific individual)
When visitors use the Service, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Service. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of our web site and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements.
Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. Jobspeaker, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Service.
We may share your information with academic institutions you have attended. Information regarding your name, dates of attendance, degree and contact information (e.g., address, email address, phone number, etc.) may be shared with such academic institutions automatically. In addition, we may share information regarding your academic record with such institutions, provided that such institutions can only use such information for purposes of assisting your efforts to obtain employment opportunities.
User Profile and Resume
Job seekers should post profiles and resumes on Jobspeaker only if they wish such information to be viewed by Jobspeaker’s customers. At any time, job seekers may elect that their profile and resume not be searchable by Jobspeaker’s customers by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or, if that is not possible, they may contact Jobspeaker at email@example.com and we will make the change for them.
If you use our Site to post a resume in our database of jobseekers’ resumes, then you will be providing us with personal data we will use in accordance with this Policy. Your resume must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or genetic makeup (vi) addictions, sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, or (viii) any Social Security Number or national identification number, if you set your resume as private unless you have previously sent to us your written consent that we may process your sensitive personal data, if Jobspeaker determines this to be a requirement of applicable law. If your resume does contain such data and you set your resume as public, then you agree that we may retain this information and use it in accordance with this Policy. We cannot control third parties’ access to such information from our searchable database.
In addition, job seekers may elect to make their profile searchable by Jobspeaker customers on a confidential basis only. In this case, the user’s name and contact information will not be displayed to customers performing searches on Jobspeaker. If the customer desires to contact the confidential job seeker regarding an employment opportunity, they will send an email to the job seeker through the Jobspeaker system. Jobspeaker will forward the email to the seeker’s email address. The seeker’s email address will not be provided directly to the customer. When posting a resume confidentially, it is the job seeker’s responsibility to ensure that their contact information is not included within their resume attachment.
The Service is not available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. Be aware that Jobspeaker cannot control the acts of users of the Service. All members and visitors should be aware that, when they disclose personally identifiable information in a resume or profile or other medium, the information may be collected and used by others to send that person unsolicited email from other parties outside Jobspeaker. In the event that you encounter any Jobspeaker user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that, while Jobspeaker encourages all third parties involved – including but not limited to its advertisers – to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and members and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from Jobspeaker or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with Jobspeaker, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact email@example.com. We will be happy to forward your message to the third party or contact the third party on your behalf.
How we use personally identifiable information
Jobspeaker does not sell, re-sell or distribute for re-sale your personally identifiable information. Jobspeaker’s customers may only use the information provided in resumes and profiles of job seekers to evaluate seekers’ qualifications for the customer’s open job opportunities. Job seekers should be aware, however, that Jobspeaker has no way to control how a customer actually uses the service and how they use the resume and profile information. If you believe a Jobspeaker customer is using personally identifiable information inappropriately, please notify Jobspeaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to the foregoing, Jobspeaker uses your personally identifying information in several ways:
- to customize various aspects of the Service to your preferences;
- to determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear on your screen;
- to send to you Jobspeaker solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these materials, as provided below);
- to send to you certain e-mail messages that are critical to your use of the Service, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to “opt out” of receiving such messages);
- to “pre-populate” forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by Jobspeaker and/or its sponsors (in no case will pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to an advertiser or other third party – only if you voluntarily request that such data be transferred will any such transfer take place, e.g., by clicking the “Submit” button); and
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Service, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.
In addition to the circumstances described above, Jobspeaker may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as follows:
- When a job seeker posts a profile or resume on Jobspeaker on a non-confidential basis, such information will be shared with Jobspeaker’s customers. (Note that at any time, job seekers may elect that their profile and resume not be searchable by Jobspeaker’s customers by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or they may contact Jobspeaker at email@example.com and we will make the change for them.)
- When a job seeker elects to make his or her profile searchable by Jobspeaker customers on a confidential basis only, the user’s name and contact information will not be displayed to customers performing searches on Jobspeaker. If the customer desires to contact the confidential job seeker regarding an employment opportunity, it will send an email to the job seeker through the Jobspeaker system. Jobspeaker will forward the email to the seeker’s email address. The seeker’s email address will not be provided directly to the customer. When posting a resume confidentially, it is the job seeker’s responsibility to ensure that their contact information is not included within their resume attachment.
- If you “opt in” to receive promotional materials from third parties, information you have made available to Jobspeaker may be made available to third parties who provide goods or Service that we believe may be of interest to you.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, we will not release that information to third parties unless necessary to complete a transaction between you and such a third party. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- All information made available to Jobspeaker may be made available to our contractors and consultants, and professional advisors (such as attorneys or accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform Service on our behalf, and only under a duty of confidentiality.
Changes to your Personal Information
If your Registration Information changes during your subscription to Jobspeaker, you may update it any time via the Service.
If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from Jobspeaker’s database, or would like to correct an error in such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within Jobspeaker databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however Jobspeaker reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former customers or users of Jobspeaker.
How we use non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build a higher quality, more useful Service by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and members, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Service. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Jobspeaker reserves the right (and you authorize Jobspeaker) to share or disclose your personal information when Jobspeaker determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
We provide our registered customers with weekly summaries and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Jobspeaker or third-party goods or Service.
Jobspeaker subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
Contests, Giveaways & Surveys
Jobspeaker may also ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Jobspeaker improve the Site. Any personal information provided to Jobspeaker in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
If you use the Jobspeaker service after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices.
In order to secure your personal information, access to your data on Jobspeaker is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Jobspeaker web site. To protect any data you store on our servers we also regularly audit our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and instant messaging and similar means of communication with other users of Jobspeaker are not encrypted and we strongly request you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
How to Contact Us
126 West Portal Ave
San Francisco, CA 94127